Z Nation held Zombie auditions on May 5, 2018.
If you did not attend this audition or you were not on set as a zombie in prior seasons of the show, you will not be considered for Zombie extra work. YOU CAN, HOWEVER, still be considered for human extra work.
You MUST be 18 years of age or older
You MUST be a Washington or Idaho State resident
You MUST be registered with an agency (like Big Fish NW).
You MUST have a Casting Network Profile (it is free … how-to below.)
NOT ALREADY A BIG FISH NW TALENT? … NEW TALENT REGISTRATION
To work through Big Fish NW Talent, as an extra on the Z Nation project (and many others), you will need to have completed/current portfolios in two different profile systems: Casting Networks and AgencyPro. (use only the links provided below to create your profile!)
Casting Network-Big Fish Background (CN–BFB). Click here to begin your CN–BFB profile.
AgencyPro-Big Fish NW Talent (AP). Click here to begin your AP profile.
You can prepare by reading/linking through the following:
- Have a look at this video: Zombie Auditions,
- watch Z Nation (available on subscription television services). Study the zombies; their movement and interaction based on the type of zombie they are. There are many types of zombies encountered throughout the cross-country progress of the show’s heroes … Slow, fast, radioactive, partially cognitive, etc. … find and study them in each episode.
STAND OUT AS THE ULTIMATE ZOMBIE EXTRA:
- Think ‘Simon Says’. Anyone from the production team who speaks to you is ‘Simon’. You must do what they say.
- LISTEN. Do not speak. HEAR what is being asked of you. FOLLOW all directions. Do not speak. LISTEN.
- When directed to ‘line up over there’, asked to ‘move to the left as a slow zombie’, to the right ‘a little faster’, ‘wait here’, etc. … Do it … silently, listening!
- THEN, when they say ‘Action’, let yourself go to be the zombie you would be, given the circumstance and instructions relayed … and, of course, listen for their next instruction.
ZOMBIE EXTRA REQUIREMENTS
- EVERYONE interested in being cast as a Zombie Extra in Season 5 is encouraged to participate in Zombie Auditions …
- If you are not interested in being a zombie extra; but would like to be considered as a human extras, there is no need for you to audition.
- All those wishing to audition to be a zombie on Z Nation must be 18 years of age or older (there could be some exceptions throughout the season).
- IDAHO & WASHINGTON RESIDENTS CAN BE ZOMBIES! There will be documentation required for all extras, once booked. On any booking dates, ALL Washington residents will fill out a declaration of residency form and must produce copies of one of the following:
- A valid WA driver’s license or other WA state issued ID that was issued more than 6 months ago (or a newly issued WA ID along with your old WA ID), or
- a WA voter’s registration card issued more than 6 months ago, or
- 6 months of utility bills in the auditioner’s name with a WA address (only electric, gas, water, waste/trash or cable bills will be accepted.)
- If you are already registered with Big Fish NW you will need to update your agency profiles (CN-BFB & AP) to be sure photos, sizes, etc. are current.
- If you are new to Big Fish NW Talent, you will need to complete the New Talent Registration steps below.
New Talent Registration. You will need to create two talent profiles. Follow the steps here: https://bigfishnw.com/how-to-access-extra-work-in-film-television-commercials/—
Be advised your portfolios will be rejected if they do not meet the photography specs … additionally, casting must have sizes and other stats to book you, so, all sizes must be filled in and accurate.
Both your CN–BFB and your AP profiles must have two CURRENT Color images. One headshot & one full body shot. Only you should be in these images. If you are using professionally shot images, you must have copyright permission from the photographer; however, professional images are not necessary for extra work. ‘Selfies’ will not be accepted. You must have someone to shoot the photos for you. We would recommend shooting in natural daylight; either in a well-lit indoor space with you facing the light or outdoors with you in the shade. Avoid using flash. We need unobstructed and non-distracted views of you … wearing no hats or sunglasses, etc. and you should be shot against a lighter colored background that is clean & clear. Please, wear something casual that gives an idea of your figure. AND, smile!
NOTE: The Casting Networks system will not let you upload the 2nd image for yourself without your paying to do so; HOWEVER, you do not need to pay to post the 2nd image in Casting Networks. Once your CN–BFB profile is created, attach your full body shot to an email, along with your name to: email@example.com, subject line: BIG FISH BACKGROUND. It will be posted to your CN–BFB profile at no charge.
Both of the profiles you create must include:
- One headshot & one full body shot. Click here for more info and photo samples.
- Your stats: ht, wt, hair, eyes. You must be honest.
- Your clothing sizes. Don’t know? Click here for how to measure.
- Your special skills. Please check off everything/anything you do well.
- Your contact information.
Other key areas of your portfolios’ data ….
- Your Age Range. Note, this is not necessarily just the range your actual age fits into. We’re always dealing with a ‘look range’. You can check more than one box; so if, for example, you play younger, check any/all appropriate ranges.
- Your Ethnicity. Again, this is not necessarily your actual ethnicity and you can check more than one box. While you may have many ethnic groups in your lineage, you should only check off ethnicities that you could ‘play’.
- Your stats & clothing sizes. So many projects depend that we match heights, weights and/or some portion of clothing sizes to meet the client’s specs. Be sure yours are accurate. See further via the link above.
- Your Special Skills. Please be sure to check off any/all of your skills, etc. in the Resume section of your profile. You should only check off things that you are familiar enough and capable enough to do well.
- Use the ‘Special Characteristics’ field in AP to indicate you have tattoos, braces, physical limitations, abnormalities, body piercings, etc. You never know what piece of your stats will get you the next opportunity.
- PLEASE be sure you have selected your ‘Cell Company’ in the ‘Contact Information’ link of your AgencyPro profile to receive text messages whenever important notices, like avail checks, audition notices & booking details are sent.
On CN’s resume entry page, be sure to click on the green “+ADD new heading” button to add your experience into your resume; using their dropdown list in the order it is presented to input your experience. Skip any headings of the experience portion of the resumes where you don’t have experience. In AP, be sure to scroll down below the experience section to check off your special skills. Theatrical roles can be listed with the character name; but, when listing a role from a commercial, industrial, feature film or television project you should always list your ‘billing’ vs. the character’s name, like: Star, Co-Star, Series Regular, Guest Star, Spokesperson/Narrator, Lead, Principal, Photo Double, Stand-in, Featured, Extra.
NOTE: Paying for either of the portfolio services’ premium features will NOT increase your chances of being booked on this show or any other project through the agency. It is not required that you upgrade or pay for either of the system’s premium features. Consider upgrading only if you are ready to upgrade your marketing presence. Be advised that if you do not upgrade, you will from time to time receive notifications from the services, prodding you to consider activating/upgrading your portfolio. If you’re not ready to upgrade, you can, with confidence, ignore this marketing and by-pass any warnings when you log into each service.
Venue: Episodic Television
Production Schedule: This will be a Monday through Friday production, slated to begin in mid May, 2018. Production will continue through August, 2018. You do not need to be available all dates. There will be those who book quite a few dates throughout this production and those who will book only a day or two, here or there.
Shoot Location: in and around the Spokane, WA zone.
Current Casting Specs: Zombie Extras. Male & female. 18+. All ethnicities.
Rate: $11.50 per hour. 8 hour minimum or $92 guaranteed. Overtime paid after 40 work hours. Breaks unpaid. All wages before taxes. No agency commission due.