YOU HAVE BEEN SENT AN AVAILABILITY NOTICE FOR THE Z NATION PROJECT. (Audition=Availability Check)
THIS IS AN AVAILABILITY CHECK ONLY … YOU ARE NOT YET BOOKED.
Please read through the notes below, along with notes sent via email; then respond as directed in the email sent to confirm or reject your availability for the date(s) listed. It is always best to respond as quickly as possible. Sometimes things move very quickly! It is helpful for us if you respond whether or not you are available; so, select ‘confirm’ if you are available or reject if you’re not for this role/date(s).
- Whenever you see ‘Audition’ in Casting Networks (CN) it means an ‘Availability Check’. When you see ‘Callback Audition’ it means a ‘Booking’.
- Be sure to read all notes (including Wardrobe notes) for important details, like, the date and/or dates your character would be required.
- The time listed in CN is not your call time, it is simply a placeholder. We never have the call time for any production day until as late as 10pm the night before. Assume daytime unless the posting states otherwise.
- You should confirm your availability for any/all dates listed, only if you could make yourself available on the date(s) requested from whenever the call time will be until they tell you to stop. It is helpful for us to know either way; so, please reply as indicated with either a confirmation or rejection of the date(s).
- If selected for this scene you will be notified via email and text with a ‘Booking Confirmation’. (Callback = Booking)
- Assume your location is in or near Spokane, WA, unless otherwise stated. Exact location will arrive by 10pm the night before any production date.
IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE with the confirmation process, have questions or concerns contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 509.328.3474 x 4.
Reminder: to be eligible for this project, all extras must be documentable residents of Washington or Idaho state; and, unless otherwise stated in the role description, must be 18 years of age or older. If you are receiving this notice and do not qualify under these rules, please contact email@example.com.
How Extras Casting Works?
Casting sends us a breakdown throughout each week for the following week’s scenes. (Breakdowns include: characters descriptions and the dates needed.) Also, throughout any given week we can also receive ‘emergency’ calls for various needs. Big Fish sends an availability checks to the talent meeting the specs. Talent confirm availability as directed in the notice and Big Fish sends talent options to casting. Casting selects from those who confirmed availability.
Any number of factors can determine whether or not you will be considered: gender, size, physical abilities, clothing sizes, hair color, height, special skills, etc. can all impact whether or not you you’ll fit the scene. If you don’t ‘fit’, you cannot be considered. If you do fit … you might be booked.
If you are booked, Big Fish NW will send a Booking Confirmation with all the necessary details. You will also receive a text and/or a telephone call to alert you to the notice. You would, then, read through all the materials given, confirm as indicated in the notice, gather any requested items and then await your day on set.
Big Fish NW Talent
email/non-emergency texts: firstname.lastname@example.org
509.328.3474 x 4 / x 0 for emergencies