To be represented through Big Fish NW Talent Representation for non-principal character work, which can mean print work and extra work, you will need to complete profiles in two (2) free online portfolio services (links below) …
If you are interested in Principal Character work or would like to learn more about ‘the business of acting’ click here: http://bigfishnw.com/become-a-talent/.
Before you proceed with your profiles, please know that we are dependent on your providing and maintaining information that is current and complete, at all times. You could be considered for a project based on any number of factors, from waist size to special skills to hair color to ‘name it’; so, it is imperative that your data is very accurate.
Your profiles must, at minimum, include:
- One headshot & one full body shot. Follow the instructions below, please.
- Your stats: ht, wt, hair, eyes. Be honest/accurate.
- Your clothing sizes. Be honest/accurate. Click here if you don’t know all of your sizes.
- Your special skills. Please check off everything/anything you do well.
- Your contact information.
Key areas of the data you will provide ….
- Your Age Range. Note, this is not necessarily just the range your actual age fits into. We’re always dealing with a ‘look range’. You can check more than one box; so if, for example, you play younger, check any/all appropriate ranges.
- Your Ethnicity. Again, this is not necessarily your actual ethnicity and you can check more than one box. While you may have many ethnic groups in your lineage, you should only check off ethnicities that you could ‘play’.
- Your stats & clothing sizes. So many projects depend that we match heights, weights and/or some portion of clothing sizes to meet the client’s specs. Be sure yours are accurate. See further via the link above.
- Your Special Skills. Please be sure to check off any/all of your skills, etc. in the Resume section of your profile. You should only check off things that you are familiar enough and capable enough to do well.
- Use the ‘Special Characteristics’ field in AP to indicate you have tattoos, braces, physical limitations, abnormalities, body piercings, etc. You never know what piece of your stats will get you the next opportunity.
- PLEASE be sure you have selected your ‘Cell Company’ in the ‘Contact Information’ link of your AgencyPro profile to receive text messages whenever important notices, like avail checks, audition notices & booking details are sent.
On CN’s resume entry page, be sure to click on the green “+ADD new heading” button to add your experience into your resume; using their dropdown list in the order it is presented to input your experience. Skip any headings of the experience portion of the resumes where you don’t have experience. In AP, be sure to scroll down below the experience section to check off your special skills. Theatrical roles can be listed with the character name; but, when listing a role from a commercial, industrial, feature film or television project you should always list your ‘billing’ vs. the character’s name, like: Star, Co-Star, Series Regular, Guest Star, Spokesperson/Narrator, Lead, Principal, Photo Double, Stand-in, Featured, Extra.
TO REGISTER FOR EXTRA WORK WITH BIG FISH NW ….
Complete steps 1-3 below.
- If you are looking specifically for extra work on Z Nation, shooting in Spokane, WA click here to be sure you qualify; then/otherwise, continue to steps 2 & 3.
- Using the guidelines above, click to begin your free **Big Fish/AgencyPro profile. and, then
- Using the guidelines above, click to begin your free **Big Fish Background/Casting Networks profile.
Note: The CN-BFB system will prompt you to pay to upload a 2nd image. Do not pay to post the 2nd image in Casting Networks. Once your CN-BFB profile is created, attach the image to an email, along with your name to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: BIG FISH BACKGROUND. It will be posted to your profile at no charge.
After your profiles are approved and when you meet the specs of a project you will be contacted by Elyse Sevener, or any of our other agents, with availability checks, audition notices and/or booking confirmations that will put your portfolios into the hands of the people who are making casting decisions.
Got questions? Ask. email@example.com
**Casting Networks/Big Fish Background (CN-BFB), the extras casting management system of choice for a couple of the casting directors in our region; and, AgencyPro (AP), the talent management system used by Big Fish NW Talent to submit talent portfolios to every other casting director, producer, advertiser, photographer, etc. with whom we work. AP is our working database … we use it for everything from searching for matches to a client’s specs to pulling mailing addresses on accounting day. It is our everyday ‘go-to’ source for your profile.