Extras / Commercial Print / Promotions
Big Fish NW Talent is a Pacific Northwest regional agency providing experienced extras, true ‘every man’ & great character faces, intelligent people or whatever is needed for our clients’ projects.
- We book extras into commercial, film, internet & television projects.
- We book print models into magazine ads, banner ads, brochures & other still photography projects.
- We supply merchandisers & other talent/staffing for live events.
Are you looking for extras casting assistance for your film, television or commercial project?
Tell us about your project here or send email to: email@example.com
Are you looking for work as an extra, commercial print model or promotions staff?
Zombies will once again roam the streets and hills in and around Spokane beginning in April, 2015. Zombie auditions are happening on March 21, 2015 and March 28, 2015. Anyone wishing to be a zombie on the show for season two must attend an audition … Yes, even those who were zombies in season one. Click here to register with Big Fish for zombie auditions.
Your completing the tasks on this page is an audition, of sorts. Throughout our relationship, we need to know that you understand and can follow through with every detail we present. So please read carefully and follow all direction. If you have any questions, ask. 877.424.4347 x 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Big Fish NW Talent must use two different online systems to cast extras in our region: Casting Networks, a casting management system used by many of the casting directors in the region, and for Big Fish’s purposes, AgencyPro (AP), the talent management system we use for every project we book.
So, you will need to have 2 completed portfolios in the two different profile systems, one in Casting Networks and one in AgencyPro.
- Create a Casting Networks profile listed under Big Fish Background (CN-BFB). Click here for a direct link to begin your CN-BFB profile.
- Create an AgencyPro profile for Big Fish NW Talent (AP). Click here for a direct link to begin your AP profile.
Both your CN-BFB and your AP profiles must have two CURRENT Color images. One headshot & one full body shot (see the sample images below and shoot accordingly) Professional images are not necessary for extra work; but ‘selfies’ will not be accepted. You must have someone to shoot the photos for you. We would recommend shooting in natural daylight; either in a well-lit indoor space with you facing the light or outdoors with you in the shade. Avoid using flash. We need unobstructed and non-distracted views of you … wearing no hats or sunglasses, etc. and you should be shot against a lighter colored background that is clean & clear. Only you should be in these images. Please, wear something casual that gives an idea of your figure. AND, smile! If you are using professional images, you must have copyright permission from the photographer.
Casting Networks system will not let you upload the 2nd image for yourself without paying to do so; HOWEVER, you do not need to pay to post the 2nd image in Casting Networks. Once your CN-BFB profile is created, attach your full body shot to an email, along with your name to: email@example.com, subject line: BIG FISH BACKGROUND. It will be posted to your CN-BFB profile at no charge.
Both of the profiles you create must include:
- One headshot & one full body shot. Click here for more info and photo samples.
- Your stats: ht, wt, hair, eyes. You must be honest.
- Your clothing sizes. Don’t know? Click here for how to measure.
- Your special skills. Please check off everything/anything you do well.
- Your contact information.
Other key areas of your portfolios’ data ….
- Your Age Range. Note, this is not necessarily just the range your actual age fits into. We’re always dealing with a ‘look range’. You can check more than one box; so if, for example, you play younger, check any/all appropriate ranges.
- Your Ethnicity. Again, this is not necessarily your actual ethnicity and you can check more than one box. While you may have many ethnic groups in your lineage, you should only check off ethnicities that you could ‘play’.
- Your stats & clothing sizes. So many projects depend that we match heights, weights and/or some portion of clothing sizes to meet the client’s specs. Be sure yours are accurate. See further via the link above.
- Your Special Skills. Please be sure to check off any/all of your skills, etc. in the Resume section of your profile. You should only check off things that you are familiar enough and capable enough to do well.
- Use the ‘Special Characteristics’ field in AP to indicate you have tattoos, braces, physical limitations, abnormalities, body piercings, etc. You never know what piece of your stats will get you the next opportunity.
- PLEASE be sure you have selected your ‘Cell Company’ in the ‘Contact Information’ link of your AgencyPro profile to receive text messages whenever important notices, like avail checks, audition notices & booking details are sent.
On CN’s resume entry page, be sure to click on the green “+ADD new heading” button to add your experience into your resume; using their dropdown list in the order it is presented to input your experience. Skip any headings of the experience portion of the resumes where you don’t have experience. In AP, be sure to scroll down below the experience section to check off your special skills. Theatrical roles can be listed with the character name; but, when listing a role from a commercial, industrial, feature film or television project you should always list your ‘billing’ vs. the character’s name, like: Star, Co-Star, Series Regular, Guest Star, Spokesperson/Narrator, Lead, Principal, Photo Double, Stand-in, Featured, Extra.
NOTE: Paying for either of the portfolio services’ premium features will not increase your chances of being booked. It is not required that you upgrade or pay for either of the system’s premium features. Consider upgrading only if you are ready to upgrade your marketing presence. Be advised that if you do not upgrade, you will from time to time receive notifications from the services, prodding you to consider activating/upgrading your portfolio. If you’re not ready to upgrade, you can, with confidence, ignore this marketing and by-pass any warnings when you log into each service.